This job, along with all jobs, start at 8/hr until we see what you can do. We understand that you have experience and can do this and do that but we don’t know you and haven’t seen your work. If you show that you can do everything you say, then we will raise your rate quickly.
- Applies protective and decorative coats of paint, varnish, lacquer, and/or other related materials to interior and exterior surfaces of buildings, furniture, equipment, and other structures.
- Washes, scrapes, sands, torches, and/or smoothes interior and exterior surfaces prior to painting, varnishing, lacquering or applying other related materials.
- Cleans equipment, paint mixing area, and work area.
- Operates compressors, striping machines, sandblasters, spray equipment, and other small power equipment.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains drywall, wall texturing, and ceiling acoustic texturing.
- Operates heavy lift equipment including scissors, and boom swing stage to heights of 80 feet.
- Erects various types of scaffolding, staging, ladders, and planks to reach surfaces of work area for Painters and others.
- Applies paints, stains, surface preparatory materials, and undercoating materials to a variety of surfaces, as appropriate, and according to Materials Safety Data Sheets ensuring compliance with hazardous materials guidelines.
- Determines appropriate color for new or replacement applications through consultation with customer.
- Maintains existing paint surfaces through matching and tinting of appropriate paint products.
- Prepares and implements line striping layouts for streets, parking lots, and athletic fields according to Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT), and various athletics requirements.
- Identification, safe handling, and appropriate disposal of paints, stains, preparatory and undercoating materials, and other hazardous materials.
- Creation and application of graphics and signage layouts according to ADOT, Safety, and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements to meet state and federal regulations.
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, materials, and application techniques common to the painting trade.
- Knowledge and skill in hazardous materials handling, application, and disposal.
- Knowledge of text and display requirements for signage applications.
- Skill in the preparation and application of paints, stains, and surface preparation materials to a wide variety of surfaces.
Completion of a three year federally approved technical training program in painting and three years of painting experience; OR, Six years of painting experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.